All accounts on Android are automatically tied to Google’s servers to synchronize data, download programs and games from Google Play, transfer information by mail, etc. But, as a rule, the company’s approach does not suit some users, and they prefer to delete their accounts, for example, when switching to a new OS (iOS, Windows Mobile, and so on).
You should immediately understand that it is not possible to completely delete information about yourself from Google, in principle, The policy of the search engine and the IT giant does not provide the option to completely delete the account. You can restore access to it at any time, for example, if you want to link the account to another smartphone or a separate service on the Internet. But at the same time, no data will be kept about you, because there will be no activity for the selected “account” in fact.
This article will discuss the question of how a user can delete a Google account on Android, that is, specifically from a smartphone or tablet, for example, to sell the device and leave it completely clean or to change the account. This can be done in several ways, and we will analyze them all!
Table of Contents
If you decide to delete your account from your smartphone just to remove identification with this device, then for these purposes you can use the special tool that is provided in all versions of the Android operating system.
- To do this, you will need to go to Google Play and select the “Devices” tab in the settings.
- Next, click on the “Availability” item and select the “Available in the menu” tab.
- Now find the necessary device and select the option “Not available in the menu” for it.
The same procedure is carried out if the account is managed via the web version of the Google Play service, for example, from a personal computer. There you can see a list of all connected smartphones to one account, a list of downloaded applications, and much more.
Removing an account from gadget settings
The first and easiest way is to delete the account from your smartphone.
To do this, click on the “Settings” tab and select “Accounts and sync” in the list.
You will see a complete list of all accounts that have been used or entered in this device.
Select the desired account and delete it.
Clearing data from Google services
As practice shows, sometimes deleting data does not help, and the user account, oddly enough, remains in the phone’s memory. What to do in this case? You can use the method described below!
- Also go to the "Settings" menu, but only now select the "Applications" tab and scroll through the entire list.
- You need the item "Google Services". Click on this item and click on the button “Clear data”. Within a few seconds, the system will clear all data, as a result of which the information about your accounts will be completely erased!
Reset Android settings to delete a Google account
If you don’t care about the data and programs stored on your phone, you can simply use the reset option to the factory state of the device. In this case, all information will be completely deleted. At the output, you will receive a smartphone on which only standard programs, tunes and other files are installed.
We suggest you familiarize yourself with the article "All methods of resetting Android settings to factory defaults", where it is described in detail!
Removing an account via ROOT rights
The methods described above do not help? No problem! Even in this case, there is a way out, and it will work 100%! Removing may not be possible due to the fact that you have any restrictions, for example, caused by the installation of a specific program or service.
And so, to remove the account, you will need to get root rights. We have already described several ways to get full rights on a smartphone, so you can familiarize yourself with these materials. Also do not forget to install the Root Explorer program on your phone
- Go to the file system of your device using Root Explorer and find there a directory called data.
- Next, go to the system folder.
- Locate the accounts.db file. This is a system file that stores information about all accounts in the Android operating system. Click on this file and select the “Delete” tab in the context menu.
As soon as the file is deleted from the phone, all your accounts will be deleted along with it. We strongly recommend that you back up the file before cleaning.
For subsequent work, it remains only to reboot the device and that’s it! If you want to add a new account, then do it the same way, through the settings.
What will happen if you delete your Google account
Very often, users ask in forums what will happen after deleting an account from their smartphone, and what consequences await them. If you have definitely decided to delete your Google Account, we strongly recommend that you read this item.
When uninstalling, the following options will not be available to you:
- All contact information that is tied to your account will be hidden in the phone book.
- Applications and games on Google cannot be downloaded, updated.
- All standard applications from Google, including mail services, will stop working correctly.
- The “Ok Google” search algorithm will not work.
However, all the programs and games installed on Google Play will remain on your smartphone. If you created backups online and synchronized data, then all contact data and other information will still be available, for example, when entering data from an account in another device or viewing information through a web version on the official website of the corporation.
As you can see, the process of deleting a Google account is not complicated, and does not require special skills from the user with the Android OS. However, you must understand that all of the methods described will not delete your user account from Google’s servers. The information that was collected and synchronized about you will be stored on servers, since initially you agree to the rights of the corporation, where all points are stated about it, before registering for an account.