How to restore contacts on iPhone if they accidentally or intentionally turned out to be erased from memory? You can deal with this problem using several methods at once. But the first thing to do if the contacts are lost from the phone is to disconnect the smartphone from the Internet. Otherwise, it will synchronize with the iCloud service and you will not be able to use it to recover data.
Note: the methods listed below are suitable for any version of iPhone: from 4 and 4S to 6 Plus.
Table of Contents
Export from iCloud
Since you cannot connect to the network from a smartphone in order to avoid unnecessary synchronization, you will have to use the help of a computer. In any browser, go to the official resource of the iCloud application. To authorize, get ready to enter your Apple ID and password.
- Go to the Contacts application.
- Find the entry deleted from the iPhone, select it and click on the gear that you will see below.
- In the "Action Menu" that opens, click the "Export vCard" line.
- The record you need will be saved as a file on your hard drive. You can send it to your iPhone via email.
Resync with iCloud
In this method, we will also use the help of iCloud cloud storage to return contacts that for some reason have disappeared from the iPhone.
- Go to "Settings", then iCloud and pay attention to the "Contacts" switch. Set the slider to the “Disabled” position.
- A menu will appear where you will be asked to choose what to do with objects synchronized earlier. Select "Leave on iPhone."
- Reconnect Wi-Fi, and then return to the settings and slide the Contacts switch to the On position.
- A window will appear in which it will be reported that the information from your iPhone will be connected to the information stored on iCloud. Click Merge.
- After synchronization, check your address book.
If you constantly connect your iPhone to your computer and actively use backups through the iTunes application, then there should not be any problems with recovering any deleted information. Back-up files will help return any information that was on your phone during synchronization, and then disappeared.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your gadget model from the Devices menu.
- On the browse tab, you will find the Restore from Copy button.
- Select the last back-up file that still contains the contacts you need.
- Wait for the recovery process to complete.
The main disadvantage of this method is the cancellation of all changes that were made to your iPhone after creating a backup.
This problem is solved with the help of special software. Programs such as iPhone Backup Extractor or iBackupBot allow you to restore the contacts themselves directly from the backup iPhone, and leave the rest of the information unchanged.
There is another way to restore contacts on the iPhone. True, it only works with the contacts to which you sent messages, but you can probably see the deleted numbers, even if you do not have synchronization with iCloud or a backup.
- Open the Messages menu.
- Click on the “Write a new message” icon.
- Scroll to the "To" line and enter the first letters of the contact you want to restore.
- If you don’t remember the name, just put a dot in the “To” field.
- You should see a list of all contacts deleted and stored in the phone book with which you have ever corresponded.
- Write down the number that appears somewhere, and then manually restore all the necessary information to the phone.
You should not spend money acquiring various applications offering to recover any lost information. Such programs bring little benefit, but the likelihood of a virus entering the system increases significantly.
As you can see, deleted contacts can be restored for free. But so as not to cause unnecessary problems with their return to the phone book, do not forget to backup or synchronize your iPhone with iCloud. So you protect yourself from unnecessary unrest and can quickly restore all the information you need.