Connecting the phone to the TV opens up great opportunities for their owners, from viewing the contents of the internal memory to dubbing the screen of a mobile device. In this guide, we will talk about how to connect your phone to your LG Smart TV (and regular) in several ways:
- Via USB
- Using Smart Share
- Using Wi-Fi Direct Technology
Let’s consider them in order:
Connecting in this way allows you to view the contents of the phone’s memory on the screen of your LG TV. It is not possible to duplicate the display image of the mobile device via USB.
To connect you need:
- connect both devices with a USB cable (phone charging cable)
- on the phone, select “Connect as a USB drive” (but usually it happens automatically ”)
- on the TV, select “USB devices”, open it and select the name of your phone in the list.
After that, the folder with the files of the mobile device will open, and you can watch photos or videos on the TV screen.
The advantage of this connection method is that the TV does not have to have a “Smart” prefix, it is enough to have a USB port and the corresponding item in the signal sources menu.
In this way, you can connect your LG TV to a smart phone of the same name that supports Smart Share. TV in this case should be “Smart”.
First of all, you need to connect the TV and phone to your home Wi-Fi network (how to do this, read this guide). And then, just activate the Smart Share function first on the TV, and then on the phone.
After that, you can use all the features of this proprietary function from LG, for example, display an image on a large screen.
This method is suitable for connecting to smartphones with Wi-Fi Direct technology. Of course, it should also be on TV.
Its plus is the lack of the need to connect to a Wi-Fi router.
To connect via Wi-Fi Direct:
- on your phone, go to the “Wireless Networks” section, find there and activate the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- on the TV, open the “Network” menu section and among the connection methods, select and activate Wi-Fi Direct.
- after activation, the name of your smartphone should appear in the list of available devices. Click on it to send a connection request.
- Confirm the connection of devices by pressing “Yes” on the phone.
As you can see, everything is not as complicated as it seems. We hope we could help you. If you have questions, ask them in the comments.