Root rights to Android are provided by special programs. On the principle of operation of the most popular of them – read on.
In this article, we will consider several options for how to get Root rights on Android. We immediately warn that using one of them, you risk void the warranty service of your mobile device.
However, advanced users after “rooting” can make sure that there are no traces of changes in system files, and then the guarantee will be valid. So, what programs provide Root rights to Android? Most popular are: SuperOneClick, UnLock Root and Z4Root.
Table of Contents
Method number 1. SuperOneClick
This useful software works fine on Android devices versions from 2.1 to 4.0.3. However, you must first install it on a PC with Windows, Mac, or Linux. If your Windows is still version XP, then you will also need to download Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
- After installing SuperOneClick on a computer, you must connect a smartphone or tablet via USB.
- Next, select “USB Debugging” in the settings of the mobile device and launch the application by clicking on the “Root” button.
- After some time, the message “Root files have been installed!” Will appear on the screen.
This means that the procedure was completed successfully, and the user received advanced access to the Android OS. Root is right now with him.
Method number 2. Unlock Root
UnLock Root is designed for mobile devices with the Android 2.1- 4.0 platform. This application also involves installation through a PC. The scheme is the same as in SuperOneClick.
- On the tablet, select Settings. System. USB debugging.
- Install the program on the PC, run it. After clicking “UnRoot”, select the connected device and then the process starts.
- The progress will be displayed in the information bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Answer negatively to the offer to install the Power Save program and restart the smartphone.
After the reboot, the user automatically becomes Superuser and will be able to enjoy all the privileges from the “root” for Android.
Method number 3. Z4Root
Many users prefer Z4Root, since it does not require additional devices. As you understand, the two previous programs for Android root work through a PC and connect to the device via USB. But Z4Root can be installed immediately on a smartphone or tablet. It is enough to download the file with the apk extension and save it to the communicator’s memory card using the file manager. Do not forget to check item "Settings". "unknown sources". This will allow you to install files downloaded not only from the Play Store.
- Launching the application, again, press the "Root" button. The progress of the process is shown at the bottom of the window.
- After the reboot, we start working with the mobile device as a SuperUser.
Finally, we note that, in addition to universal programs that provide "Root rights to Android", there are those that are designed for certain models of mobile devices.
An example is the Unrevoked application, which can bypass the NandLock blocker on HTC smartphones.
Method number 4. Framaroot
An application that provides root-rights to Android in just a couple of clicks. Perhaps this is the fastest way to become a SuperUser, because you, among other things, do not need to connect a smartphone (or tablet) to a computer.
The algorithm of this software is completely simple – you need to download Framaroot and install the apk file. There are very few items in the menu, or rather one. It is called Install Superuser. Selecting it, you just have to choose the version of Superuser, which is suitable for your device. In most cases, Aragorn is triggered. After that, you will receive a “Success” message and a funny emoticon. After rebooting the device, you will become the Superuser with root rights. Also, you can at any time turn into a regular user. To do this, select "Unroot" in the application menu (it will be instead of "Install Superuser").
Finally, a few tips before flashing the device:
1. We carefully read on the Web which stock firmware (from the manufacturer) and which custom (unofficial) are for your device.
2. We save the system area and the data area, because there is always a chance that something will go wrong and you will have to roll back to the previously installed firmware – we use Titanium Backup.
3. Before going to the service center, reset the firmware counter using Triangle Away