Today we will analyze the answer to the question of how to transfer files to a memory card. In fact, this is a very simple task, but not all users immediately understand how to complete it.
1. Method number 1. We use the file manager
Important! In any case, you will need a file manager to move files to Android. It is impossible to do without him.
This axiom is relevant for those cases when you want to use only your smartphone or tablet. If you admit the possibility of using a computer, then everything is much simpler and you can do without additional programs.
But now we will focus on the use of managers, that is, on completing a task directly from the phone. To begin with, we will analyze the procedure for moving photos in the Samsung file manager (you can download it here so that you understand what it is about).
In this program, you need to do this:
- Go to the Pictures folder. It is located on the main screen of the My Files application.
- Select the photos you want to move. To do this, hold your finger on any picture. You will be able to checkmark several photos. Do it. If you want to select everything that is in the phone / tablet’s memory, use the “Everything” option, which is located in the upper left corner. Then checkmarks will appear everywhere.
- Click "Options" in the upper right corner.
Fig. No. 1. Highlighting a photo in the file manager
- After you tap on the inscription "Svostva", a drop-down menu will appear. There will be options for what can be done next. Select the "Move" function.
Fig. No. 2. Move function in the dropdown menu
- After that, you have to choose which folder the previously selected information will fall into. To start, click "Memory Card".
Fig. Number 3. Travel options
- Then just go to the same folder where you want to see the pictures. The “Finish” button will be in the upper right corner. When you are in the desired folder, tap on it. Everything you choose will go to this place.
Fig. Number 4. Finish button in folder
That’s all! The selected photos will be transferred to the SD card.
If you want to do the same for other types of files, the procedure will look exactly the same. Yes, and the principle itself remains unchanged for any file managers. That is, what program you would not use, just follow three simple steps:
- select files;
- press the move button;
- choose a place where they will get.
If you install Total Commander, ES Explorer or any other manager, the actions will be the same. Moreover, a long press is almost always used to highlight. After that, it becomes possible to check the boxes opposite to what you will move.
Some managers have a copy function, which can also be used with success. For example, if you take the same ES Explorer, then there the above procedure can be performed as follows:
- Highlight the desired file. As before, just pinch it and check the box.
- If you rotate your smartphone or tablet horizontally, buttons for various functions will appear on the right. In other cases, they are at the bottom. So, there is a copy button.
Fig. No. 5. Copy button in ES Explorer
- Do not be surprised that nothing can happen next. Then you need to return to the viewing window of available storages yourself. To do this, just swipe to the right. Choose a place where the information will be copied.
- In the desired folder, click "Paste." This function will appear where the “Copy” button used to be, that is, to the right or bottom. Just click on it and in a moment the data will appear in a new location.
Fig. No. 6. Paste Button in ES Explorer
- Accordingly, now the files need to be removed from the place where they were before. To do this, go to the folder where they were originally. In the function menu, select “Cut” or “Delete”. After that, you will have one file left in a new folder.
As you can see, everything is also quite simple.
2. Method number 2. We use a computer
If for some reason it is impossible to complete the task through the phone or tablet itself, you will have to resort to using a computer. For this you need a USB cable.
If everything is ready, do this:
- Connect your gadget to a PC or laptop via USB.
- In the "Computer", "This computer" or "My computer" window, depending on the version of Windows, open the connected device. It is quite possible that it will open itself or a window will appear in which you will need to choose what to do next. In any case, you need to ensure that you see the contents of the memory.
- You will see two disks – “Card”, that is, a memory card and “Phone”, that is, the device’s memory. Go to the "Phone".
Fig. Number 7. Memory card and telephone in computer
- Select the file you want to copy. Then there are two options – moving or copying. If you prefer the first one, open “Card” in a separate window, that is, run “Computer” again and go to the memory of the connected device. Next, simply move the file from one window to another with the mouse cursor. And if you want to copy, right-click on the file, select “Copy” in the drop-down menu, go to the folder where it will be located, right-click again, select “Paste”. After all, also remove it from the folder where it was originally.
Fig. Number 8. Copy and paste in Windows
Everything happens in almost the same way as with the usual move from folder to folder on Windows. Good luck!