The wait is not long.
Microsoft this week may release the next major update for Windows 10. The corresponding assembly of the system, code-named 19H2 (version 1909) has already fallen into the hands of insiders.
It is noteworthy that the update (in ESD format) is already available on the electronic WSUS distribution server, which may tell us that the final release (RTM) is just around the corner.
As you know, tomorrow, Microsoft will hold its presentation, which will show the new computers of the Surface line. It is not ruled out that it was at this event that the company announced to the general public the release of Windows 10 (1909).
What’s New in Windows 10 October 2019 Update (Version 1909)
- The update will seriously boost the autonomy of 2-in-1 hybrid devices, improving energy efficiency when working with certain mobile processors.
- Microsoft promises performance gains. The new version will use technology to distribute work between privileged kernels. Such a solution will positively affect overall performance. Unfortunately, only the latest Intel processors support this technology.
- Windows 10 (1909) allows you to use alternative voice assistants on the lock screen. From now on, users can access not only Cortan, but also, for example, Alice from Yandex.
- Microsoft has improved the work with notification in the update – there are new settings and options for managing them.
- Other improvements: simplified process; updated Windows 10 handwriting with reduced latency; new features for the Start menu; and other minor changes.
- Correction of errors and improving the stability of the OS.
Insiders believe that the update will be available for download on October 3, 2019. How true is this forecast – we will know very soon.
Put 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Follow us on VK, Telegram, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Viber